NIGERIA WILL NOT BE FIXED.
I am here again. This time you won’t like me and I understand. You won’t like me because I am here to tell you the truth (as usual you may say).
You see, #MyCountry may never be fixed.
1. It will not be fixed because even when we decide to open our doors to mediocrity and talk about rotational presidency, we don’t mention in the rotation the Igede man, the Esan man, the Benin man, the Tiv man, the Jukun man, the Bassa man, the Nupe man and all those whom we have conveniently dubbed “the minority”.
2. It will not be fixed because Stella Oduah was condemned before we heard her side of the story and we called for her resignation. But the same people poured anointing oil on Amaechi’s head and asked that he be heard in a court first before we condemn him.
3. It will not be fixed because two different kids write the same exam and must score differently to progress in life. We have told them from that point that they are not equal in this equation. And kids learn fast.
4. It will not be fixed because we have different lenses to view same occurrence at different times. And we are cool with that.
5. It will not be fixed because we promote anger, hate and other negative emotions in our various man made groups and we don’t care about the outcome.
6. It will not be fixed because at the drop of any rough or rude coin we quickly realize how different we are from each other.
7. It will not be fixed because we have a fraudulent document as a constitution. A constitution that lies from its 1st sentence by saying ” We the people of Nigeria do give ourselves…” and we all know that we the people of Nigeria had nothing to do with that document. And we have had upto 8 assemblies plus a National Conference that has decided to leave that document all alone.
8. It will not be fixed because ‘Federal Character’ and ‘quota system’ is constitutional.
9. It will not be fixed because that same constitution can be breach without consequences.
10. It will not be fixed because we are who we are.
PRAGER: JESUS PLEASE FIX MY COUNTRY OR FIX MY PEOPLE!